DAILY BULLETIN MONDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2016

Principal’s Blog: Important Message to Students, Football Game, Student Newspaper & More

Principal’s Coffee – Monday October 3rd 8:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. Room 242.

NEW ITEMS

Cap and Gown fitting/purchasing by Herff Jones October 3 & 4 in the Dining Commons, 10:40 a.m. – 1:09 p.m. or order online Click Here

CONTINUING EVENTS

First Red Cross Club meeting – Monday, October 3, 2:15 – 3pm.  We will meet in Room 305. We welcome new members to join and help out with community service projects.

There will be a mandatory players meeting for all boys interested in playing Ice Hockey during the 2016-2017 season from 2:15- 2:30 on Monday 10/3 in the cafeteria. Please contact captains Owen Bailey or Henry Nelson if you are interested but unable to attend the meeting: obailey18@concordcarlisle.orghenelson18@concordcarlisle.org.

Junior Parent Night On Wednesday, October 5, 2016 from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. in the CCHS Auditorium, a meeting will be held for junior parents/guardians, which will focus on what families should be doing about post secondary plans during the junior year. Topics discussed will include the timeline for the admissions process, sources of information, issues of student stress, and the role of parents in the process. PLEASE NOTE: This meeting is designed primarily for parents; however, juniors are also welcome to attend. Juniors will be having PSP meetings with their counselors throughout the year CLICK HERE for all News for the Class of 2018 from Guidance.

Model UN: Want to talk about what’s going on the world?  Come to Model UN every Wednesday from 2:15 – 3:15 in Room 340 to discuss current international events.  Upcoming topics include the election of a new UN Secretary General, the refugee crisis, nuclear proliferation, and the future of the EU.  All are welcome!  See Ms. Fischer or email Eleanor Mathias (emathias17@concordcarlisle.org) for more information.

An Evening with the Candidates for State Representative As part of the CCHS Parents Association meeting Tuesday, October 4 at 7pm, the CCHS PA will host a forum for the three candidates for 14th Middlesex District State Representative.  Incumbent Representative Cory Atkins, challengers Helen Brady (Republican) and Danny Factor (Green-Rainbow Party) will participate in an open forum to address voter questions and concerns.  The meeting will take place at CCHS Learning Commons.  The State Representative election is contested this year, please join us for this exciting event.

ATTENTION ALL SENIORS If you have a college deadline for November 1, the Transcript Request form is DUE NO LATER THAN Friday, October 7.  All transcript requests MUST be passed into Mrs. Tessari, Registrar, Room 250.

Picture retake day has changed to Friday, October 14. For more information on ordering click here

Please join the CCHS PA for an important evening that will take an in-depth look at what is being called an epidemic and national crisis for American high schoolers: insufficient sleep.  READ MORE This event is FREE but Registration is required. http://cchspa_sleep_panel.eventbrite.com

Juniors and SophomoresRegistration for the PSATs is now available.  We are using a new registration service this year, Total Registration, which can be found at this link PSAT registration fee will be $35. Please follow the directions online for payment information and do not send payments to the school.  Please keep in mind that, should you qualify for them, any testing accommodations need to be applied for with Mr. Rudmann in the Guidance Office. Should you fail to apply with Mr. Rudmann you will not be receiving any testing accommodations at the time of the exam. Registration will close at 10/07/16 at 7:00 PM.  Please put these dates on your calendars. If you have any questions, please contact me at abyron@concordcarlisle.org.

Do you want to take advantage of an amazing opportunity to live and study for one month in Hokkaido, Japan?  Apply for the 2017 William Wheeler Exchange! Each year, one student from Nanae High School will come to live in Concord, Carlisle or Boston and attend classes at CCHS for the month of September. In turn, one CCHS student will travel to Nanae in July (which is still part of the Japanese school year) to live and study there for a month. We are now accepting applications for that CCHS student, and will be doing so until Monday, October 3 (sorry, no extensions). For more information, and application materials, please email dnurenberg@concordcarlisle.org

COMMUNITY EVENTS

After-school music lessons with IMSCC The fall session is underway, and new students are welcome to enroll at any time during the 16-week fall semester. Tuition is pro-rated for students joining mid-session. Instruction is available for all band and orchestra instruments, guitar, piano and voice. Learn more about IMSCC’s outstanding faculty at www.ace.colonial.net/imscc. Questions? Contact Debbie Levine at dlevine@concordcarlisle.org, 978-341-2490 ext. 7124. IMSCC is a student-funded program established in 1980 by the Concord-Carlisle schools and is part of the Community Education department.

Martha A. Hammer
Administrative Assistant
Concord-Carlisle Regional High School
mhammer@concordcarlisle.org
978-318-1400

The contents of this email, and any attached documents, are subject to Public Records Law, M.G.L. Ch.66,10.