What is an Internship?
An internship is a unique five-week experience for students to explore careers of interest. Seniors are involved as non-paid “authentic employees” receiving academic credit for practical work experiences. The purpose of the program is to develop and strengthen the student’s educational and career preparation. These internships will also expose the student to the interpersonal relationships a job requires, which is essential in developing a variety of skills. Students will be matched to a company in their field of interest and a host mentor who will supervise them over the five weeks on specific projects or activities at the work site. See Ms. Fortunato in the Math Dept. for further questions. If you are interested, the application link is below.
What is expected of students?
- Arrive on time and dress appropriately
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner
- Take direction respectfully
- Demonstrate initiative
- Provide weekly updates via your internship website
- Complete tasks and projects with competence and timeliness
- Provide your own transportation to/from internship location
- Attend your internship for the entire duration of the program
- More details on what is expected can be found here
What are the benefits?
- Hands on learning
- Gain self confidence
- Start building a network
- Real world experience
- Get ahead of the competition
- Develop employability skills
- Explore professional interests
- Gain professional skills
- Try out tentative career services
Work ends between 2:00 - 2:15 pm each day to accommodate travel back to school for spring sports and after school activities
Class of 2018
Click on each name to bring you to information about the Intern