Our High School’s Core Values and Learning Beliefs
Committed to excellence in and out of the classroom, the CCHS community believes that it is our mission to inspire our students from Concord, Carlisle and Boston to strive for and meet high levels of academic and personal achievement. We believe that the respectful, supportive, and engaging learning environment at CCHS instills intellectual curiosity, a passion for learning, as well as an understanding of one’s role in the local community and in a diverse global society.
We are committed to the following beliefs about learning:
- Students learn best from engaging, relevant instruction that blends the best of the traditional with the innovative.
- Students learn best when they apply their knowledge and skills to authentic tasks.
- Students learn best when instruction is differentiated to meet the needs of all learners.
- Students learn best from a caring and committed learning community that helps them cope with the challenges in their life with guidance and empathy.
We believe that students learn best when the school’s rigorous curricula provide opportunities for:
- Students to develop critical and creative thinking skills.
- Students to pursue their individual interests.
- Students to engage in peer-to-peer and student-to-faculty collaboration.
- Students to develop self-monitoring skills and independence.
We further believe that students learn best:
- In an environment that encourages risk-taking and supports personal well-being.
- In a school that fosters respectful relationships among all members of the community.
- In a community that provides opportunities for faculty, staff, and administration to engage in continual professional development, creating authentic collaboration in the service of student learning.