Distribution Times for Fall 2018:
All students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Thursday, August 23rd 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. YOG 2019, 2020, 2021 only
Thursday, August 23rd 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. YOG 2019, 2020, 2021 only
Monday, August 27th 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. YOG 2022 only
Tuesday, August 28th 7:15 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. YOG 2019, 2020, 2021 only
Tuesday, August 28th 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. YOG 2019, 2020, 2021 only
Wednesday, August 29th 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. All Classes
Obtaining your Apple Laptop
As we start our fourth year of 1:1, all full-time students enrolled at CCHS will obtain their Apple Laptop through one of the following options:
- Borrow from CCHS
Students may borrow a laptop from CCHS free of charge*.
- The laptop, protective case, and power cord will be checked out at the beginning of the school year (parent or guardian attendance required, even if the student is 18 years of age.)
- Distribution times are posted at the top of this page.
- Students are able to bring the laptop between home and school during the school year, having 24/7 access.
- The laptop and power cord should be returned by a well-publicized date near the end of the school year.
- *Damage outside the normal scope of the AppleCare warranty coverage (such as cracked screens and liquid spills) will be the responsibility of the family. This is similar to charges for lost or damaged textbooks or other school-issued equipment for the student’s learning.
- Bring your Own
Students may elect to bring an Apple laptop already owned or recently procured by the family. See the following hardware and software requirements that the laptop should meet.
Device Requirements for Bringing Your Own Device
The standard device will be an 11” MacBook Air. Any current base model MacBook Air, MacBook, or MacBook Pro will more than meet these specifications if purchased new at the Apple Store. (Note: Apple now sells 12″ or 13″ screens only. If your family has already procured an 11″ model, they work perfectly!)
Minimum Specifications: 11″ MacBook Air (or other model) with:
- 1.6 GHz i5 processor
- 2 GB RAM (4GB recommended)
- 128 GB 240 flash storage
- Intel HD Graphics 5000
- WiFi 802.11n or better
We recommend the 3 Year AppleCare Warranty covering hardware failure.
Operating System and Required Software
Highly Recommended Operating System: OSX 10.13 High Sierra. This Operating System will be used by all borrowed and newly leased laptops as well as all desktop computers at CCHS. Students who bring their own device and who are using the same operating system benefit from the cohesive peer, teacher, and IT support .
If your student’s laptop is using OSX 10.7 (Lion) or higher, upgrading to OS X 10.13 is free through the App Store. Not sure what Operating System your owned computer is using? Click Apple>About this Mac to check!
Any new computer purchased after October, 2017 will already have OS X 10.13 High Sierra installed.
Required Software Installations/Updates
The following programs should be installed/updated for programs to run smoothly at CCHS:
- Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, and Safari (updated)
- Java (Science Applets through PHET)
- Adobe Flash (Proper viewing of videos at many websites)
- Any additional programs or accounts as required by CCHS IT
How can I learn more?